Are you looking forward to fly to a place and have an amazing trip? Well, then you should surely book your tickets through the spirit airlines. Whenever, you have to book your tickets you will find a lot of restrictions and rules on it. So, if you are planning to go on a trip to any place then it is very important that you book your tickets before knowing the minor policy. It is very convenient to travel with Spirit airlines, still everyone needs to know about the policy.
Exploring the world is amazing and opens doors to new experiences. Do you know most airlines allow children to travel alone or unaccompanied after the age of five? You must be thinking, is it safe to let your child travel alone? According to USA Today, Traveling alone helps a child to develop better problem-solving skills and it also makes them more responsible.
Through the details mentioned below you will understand spirit airlines minor policy. Moreover, you will also know why it is one of the safest airline travel companies in North America that makes travel safe and comfortable.
Spirit Airlines Minor Policy
Spirit Airlines is considered to be one of the top airlines in North America. It is a Florida- based 3-star airline brand that falls under the category of ultra-low-cost passenger carrier. It is well known for offering the best services and facilities. The charges are minimal and it even has a comprehensive policy that allows children to travel alone.
Restrictions Applicable for Minors Traveling Alone with Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines allows the children of certain ages to travel alone on direct domestic flights. Spirit Airline minor policy does not allow minors to travel alone on connecting flights. Even domestic flights operating for schedule change of aircraft, and international flights are prohibited for them. The airline offers snacks and drinks and even allows your young flier to be taken care of
Children up to 4 years: Spirit Airlines does not allow children up to the age of 4 years to fly alone without any companion. It requires a partner of at least 15 years of age to travel with them in the same section and on the same flight.
Children between the age gaps of 5 - 14 years: Spirit Minor Policy allows children between 5 through 14 years to travel alone. Spirit Airline Minor Policy has made the necessary condition on their travel, as they fall under the category of alone minors.
Children above the age of 15 years: Children above 15 years can travel alone without boundaries on Spirit Airlines flights. However, they can avail the services offered to unaccompanied minors upon request, but restrictions will be applied accordingly.
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor policy follows a complete set of guidelines for children flying alone as lone minors:
- Passengers must inform the airline that the booking is for an unaccompanied minor while making the booking.
- In case of an unaccompanied minor, you need to check in at the ticket counter 60 minutes before the departure time.
- During check-in, you must fill out an unaccompnied minor form at the airport by drop-off guardian with photo identification. This form gets inserted into the card worn by the child throughout the journey. It helps Spirit Airlines employees to identify the unaccompanied minor.
- The person who drops off the child should ask for a gate pass and escort the child to the gate. The person must remain with the minor at the gate area until the flight takes off.
- Spirit Airlines also provides a gate pass only for non- traveling individuals with a government-issued photo ID.
- The person who drops off the child should remain at the gate for at least 15 minutes after the flight takes off.
- The person who comes to pick up the child should arrive early at the gate with a gate pass.
- The flight attendant aides the child to the pick-up guardian mentioned in the unaccompanied minor form.
Spirit Airline Minor policy Faq
If you are travelling through flight, then the children who age 5-14 without any accompanying passenger then they will be considered as unaccompanied minors. And the Spirit airlines does not allow unaccompanied minors.
The unaccompanied minor service fees is $150 and it is similar to that of Southwest airlines. The fees for the unaccompanied minors is quite very reasonable and you need to know about the baggage fees as well.
For the unaccompanied minor policy the age requirement must involve passengers of 15 years or older.
Well, if you want to avoid the fees then you can use the credit card with airlines credit. This will help you to get the discount on fees.
- Can unaccompanied minors use the connecting flights to fly?
- No, Spirit airlines does not allow unaccompanied minors. They need direct flights.
- Can the unaccompanied minors use the international flights to fly?
- No, unaccompanied minors are not permitted to the international flights as well.
- Is the unaccompanied minor offered any food or drink?
Yes, the Spirit airlines will offer the child snack but there are no full meals provided to the child.
Yes, you can book the unaccompanied minor flights online. So, you need to know that while booking the flight you need to see if the child is travelling with you and even fill the prompt date if it is necessary.
Children are not allowed for traveling alone with spirit airlines. Even if you are on connecting flights, still spirit airlines does not allow minors to be on the flight.
If children are flying alone then they can book their tickets online as well. The unaccompanied minors can only be on flights on which the child has a confirmed reservation. Spirit airlines will not accept the reservations if there are operational situations or there is bad weather conditions. Moreover, whenever such conditions arise then a parent is responsible to accompany the unaccompanied minor.
If one needs to book the tickets on phone then the trip requirement and details can be discussed on the phone 24/7.
In order to book the tickets online through the unaccompanied minor service online, follow the steps below:
- To book the tickets online, one needs to make online reservations through Spirit.com and enter the details of the child.
- After entering the details of the trip, enter the details of child through the dropdown menu that appears.
- Next, one can select the number of children those who are travelling. Click on the search flight option to get information of the flights.
- You have to enter date of birth of your child in the next popup window that appears. After that the pop up that appears will tell you about the eligibility of the child to travel.
- You can check the on screen prompts as well such as choose your child’s flight, enter your child’s details, enter payment details and a lot more. After that you will receive the e-ticket.
The Spirit airlines ID requirements includes a valid passport as well as the documents that are required by the countries which they are travelling to. In case your child is travelling internationally then you need to check the country’s government website for more information, also, the child needs to have a birth certificate to prove their age.
in case your child is travelling alone then it is always a good idea to reach the airport early. This helps you to collect enough time so that you can pass the security and pre board the flight. Also, if you are picking up your child from airport then you need to reach 30 minutes before so that you can receive them through the gate.
In case of unaccompanied minor the children need to check in at the airport counter accompanying their parent or guardian. Online check-in is not available for the children. Also, to drop off the minor the adult needs to have a gate pass. This will help to escort the child to the departure gate. The government issues an identification card that is required at the gate. Moreover, the adult needs to make sure that they remain at the airport for 15 minutes till the flight takes off.
Read more about Spirit Airlines Manage Booking