Spirit Airlines Seat Selection
We understand that every traveller has distinct seating preferences, which is why we provide a choice of seat alternatives to choose from. We have you covered whether you need more legroom or a specific seat on the plane.
Spirit Airlines' seat selection process is simple and quick, allowing you to choose the finest seat for your unique needs. So, sit back and unwind and allow us to handle the details of your trip.
What are Spirit Airlines seating options
Spirit Airlines seat chart allocations include the following options:
- Big Front Seats - These seats are positioned in the plane's front and provide more legroom and broader seats than ordinary seats. They come with a little table and are ideal for travellers looking for a more comfortable experience.
- Regular Seat - This is Spirit Airlines' regular seating option. The chairs are narrower than the Big Front chairs, yet they still provide adequate legroom. When you book your ticket, you can select your seat or buy a seat assignment.
- Premium seats - These are positioned behind the Big Front Seats and provide greater legroom than normal seats. They include a small table and are a nice choice for travellers who want a bit more space but don't want to pay for a Big Front Seat.
- Exit Row Seats - Spirit's exit row seats provide even more legroom than normal seats, but they also come with more obligations, such as operating the emergency exit in the event of an emergency.
Note: - Travellers must pay a Spirit Airlines seat selection fee, so you'll have to pay extra if you'd like to reserve your seat ahead of time.
What is the seating arrangement on Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines seat map reservations vary based on the kind of plane and itinerary, but in general, there are two types of seats available: regular seats and Big Front Seats. The outline of the seat map according to the plane is shown below -
- Airbus A319 (319) -145 seats: - Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that flies Airbus A319 planes in 145-seat configurations. The actual seating configuration might change based on the plane and the airline's demands.
- Airbus A320 (32A/32N) - 182 Seats: - Spirit A320s have a seating capacity of 182 passengers, with 174 conventional seats and eight "Big Front Seats" positioned in the front of the plane with more legroom and other amenities.
- 228 Seats - Airbus A321 (32B): - Spirit Airlines' A320 plane has 228 seats, with 182 in the Economy Class cabin and 46 in the Big Front Seats cabin, which is the airline's version of a premium economy class.
It's worth noting that because Spirit Airlines is recognised for its low-cost approach, it charges extra costs for seat choices, including the Big Front Seats. Customers can choose their seats during the booking process, or they can pay a more fee after check-in or at the airport.
What exactly are the Big Front Seats?
Spirit Airlines' Big Front Seats are 18 inches wide and give up to 36 inches of pitch (the distance between a point on one seat and the same position on the seat in front of it), which is much higher than the airline's basic seating selections.
The following are some common characteristics of Big Front seats:
- Greater legroom - Big Front seats often have greater legroom than ordinary seats, allowing passengers to stretch out and relax during their flight or journey.
- Seats that are wider - Big Front seats are often wider than normal seats, giving passengers more room to move about and become comfortable.
- Reclining capability - Many Big Front seats have the capacity to recline to varied degrees, allowing passengers to change their seating posture and find the best angle for their comfort.
- Adjustable headrests - Some Big Front seats include adjustable headrests that can be moved up and down, forward and back, and side to side, giving passengers addition on neck and head support and comfort.
- Extras - Big Front seats may have extras such as premium meals and snacks, complimentary drinks, noise-cancelling headphones, and more.
- Priority boarding and check-in - Passengers with Big Front seats have priority boarding and check-in, allowing them to bypass lines and board their plane or journey more swiftly and effectively.
Big Front seats make travelling more comfortable and enjoyable for passengers, making long flights or journeys more pleasant and restful.
How do I upgrade my Spirit Airlines seats to the Big Front
Follow these procedures to upgrade to Spirit Airlines' Big Front seats:
- Log in to your personal Spirit Airlines profile on the official website.
- Enter your reservation information and select the flight to which you want to upgrade.
- Examine the upgrade information and pay the fare difference to finalise the upgrade.
- You can also request an upgrade before your flight at the airport check-in counter or at the gate. But, keep in mind that Big Front seat availability may vary, and upgrade fees may be greater if you wait until the day of your trip.